Rain Romp: Stomping Away a Grouchy Day
Written by Jane Kurtz
Illustrated by Dyanna Wolcott
Picture book: 32 pages
Preschool and up
On a gray day the heroine of this book feels every bit as grouchy as the cloudy, rainy, windy sky outside her bedroom window. There is no way that her all-too-cheerful Mom and Dad are going to convince her to get out of bed. Or is there?
How do you transform a stormy mood into a sunny one? This clever story holds the secret: a stomping, romping, wild dance that can make you feel like yourself again — and ready at last for smiles and giggles with the people who really do understand you after all.
Collaborative Reading Titles
- Evans, Lezlie. Rain Song. Illustrated by Cynthia Jabar. Houghton Mifflin, 1995
- Freeman, Don. Rainbow of My Own. Puffin pb, 1978
- Hesse, Karen. Come On, Rain! Illustrated by Jon J. Muth. Scholastic, 1999
- Stock, Catherine. Gugu’s House. Houghton Mifflin, 2001
- Yashima, Taro. Umbrella (Picture Puffins). Scott Foresman/Pearson, 1985